D programming language conference

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Tue Jun 24 09:22:28 PDT 2008

Reply to Anders,

> BitTorrent is quite popular and works
> great for what it was designed for. Especially when you have a fast
> connection, whenever I download things like OpenOffice it's miles
> faster than the http mirrors.

For one, the only fast connection I have access to is on a net that does
all it can to throttle torrents to zero. Also I don't have any net access
where I'm supposed to be allowed to serve out anything.

I have no problem with putting the videos up on a torrent, just don't make
that the only source. HTTP is fine for me as I have a connection that I can
leave downloading for hours at a stretch.