DMD 1.028 and 2.012 releases

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:51:19 PST 2008

== Quote from Don Clugston (dac at nospam.com.au)'s article
> Walter Bright wrote:
> >

> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.028.zip
> >
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> > http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.012.zip
> >
> > Yes, you read that right, struct destructors but no struct
> > constructors yet.
>
> Missing from the D2 changelog:
>
> std.math:

> BTW all these changes can be applied to DMD 1.0 -- at present,
> nothing in std.math is specific to D2.0.

I agree that backwards-compatible improvements to D and Phobos should be eligible
for inclusion into D1 (and Phobos1), but Walter disagrees.

This issue is related to the "Who favors the current D1 situation?" thread that
Bill Baxter started today:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=67313

By the way, some of these kinds of changes to Phobos are available in std2:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/std2
(but apparently std2 development has stopped since the port of DMD 2.008).