Ubuntu 1-click install for DMD 2.012

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 18:05:04 PST 2008

John Reimer wrote:

> Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> Mr. Bright,
>> I thought it is illegal to pack DMD and distribute it. Since Mr.
>> Vlasceanu obviously did the Debian package, may I maintain and
>> distribute Fedora & OpenSuse DMD packages?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> This was prepared by Cristi Vlasceanu (of Zerobugs fame!)
>>>
>>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd_2.012-030608_i386.deb
>

> It's being distributed on the digitalmars site, so it's not illegal for
> Walter. :)
>
> -JJR

Hmmm... How hard would it be to tweak the distribution mechanism such that
ubuntu users can add digital mars to /etc/apt/sources.list?  If that's
done, users will automagically be prompted with the option to upgrade with
each new release (and other nifty stuff like command-line updates...
apt-get install dmd)