Entice Designer 0.8.5 release - now supports DWT

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 06:30:27 PDT 2008

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> bobef wrote:
>> Frank Benoit Wrote:
>>
>>> Wow, great!
>>> Thanks for this Chris. A GUI designer for DWT was asked for many times.
>>>
>>> Do you plan to add support for Layouts in future?
>>
>> In the past I have used VEP (or something like that). It is a visual
>> editor for Eclipse. It has layouts and everything. Generates SWT code.
>> Takes only a minute to convert to D.
>
> Probably making VEP work for Descent + DWT is going to be very easy
> then. :-)

Of course, Activating VEP for DWT would be a welcome addition :).  But
I'm pleased to see an alternative provided by a light-weight program
like Entice: it's fast to load and easy to use -- this is a big
advantage.  Eclipse tends to be bulky and complicated (though very
comprehensive).  Having both Entice and VEP available would be optimal,
though, to cater to different users.

Of course, what would be fun to see eventually would be a whole port of
Eclipse to d and dwt... but I think I'd be dreaming...

-JJR