Entice Designer 0.8.5 release - now supports DWT

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Fri Mar 14 19:03:03 PDT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:23:08 -0400, Xinok <xnknet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris Miller wrote:
>> Entice Designer 0.8.5 now adds support for designing DWT shells and
>> widgets, as well as DFL forms and controls!
>
> I'm getting some assert errors with this version. Two in particular I
> can reproduce, when I attempt to create a new file, I get:
> AssertError Failure dfldesigner(7751)
>
> And if I try to copy an object in the dialog editor:
> AssertError Failure ddcontrolchildren(2274)
>
> I've tried deleting my settings file, but I'm still getting these errors.

Thanks for reporting this.

The first error is because I rearranged some code, and the assert was
ensuring the old order. The code was fine except the assert. Perhaps I
need to assert my asserts are valid :P
You can work around it by making sure at least one tab is open; my tests
passed because I have the Start Page up.

I can't seem to figure out the second error. That code path shouldn't
happen. Can you give me a small source file that reproduces it? Also, the
error log has more information that might be helpful, it can be viewed in
Help->About.

I'll try to have a fix up soon.

- Chris