Blaze - A Physics Game Library - RC1

Mason Green mason.green at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 07:25:24 PDT 2008

Hello Folks,

Blaze, a 2D Rigid Body Dynamics & Game Physics library, has evolved to Release Candidate 1!

Check out the demo:
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/blaze/downloads/Blaze-Demos.zip

New features include:
- Joints
- Advanced narrow phase collision detection
- Many optimizations

Required libraries:
- Tango 0.95.5
- Derelict

SirAlaran has been maintaining a Phobos port for the last few releases. Hopefully he will have time to transition RC1.

Stable Tango compliant branch:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/blaze/browser/branches/blazeRC1

You can always find the latest, bleeding edge changes in the trunk, although I highly recommend working from the stable branch release.

My next objective will be to implement continuous collision detection. If anyone is interested in creating new demos to showcase the library please let me know. I would be more than happy to add you to the contributors list. The demos in their current form are fairly good, but they could definitely use some color and imagination!

If you're interested in joining in on enlightening discussion, or contributing to the project, please post in the forum:
http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=187

Regards,
Mason