DMD Snapshot 0.4.0

Chris Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:15:26 PDT 2008

arnaud Wrote:

> Chris Miller a écrit :
> > After a bit of a hiatus working on my site (another project management system went kaput on me- not fun!) I finally got back to D.  To find a new compiler, and a fresh release of just about everything.  So I got to work and made a new DMD Snapshot.
> >
> > It's up for download now at my site, now with a slightly different engine, but for the better. http://www.fsdev.net/wiki/dmd-snapshots#Version0.4.0Windows
> >
> > I hope someone finds it useful, but I really hope that it makes it easier for people to start using and learning D!
>
> I've one problem with tango, if I import tango.text.RegEx, I've this
> error : object.Exception: Access Violation. When the module isn't
> imported, there isn't error. Any idea?
>
> Ps :
>
> import tango.io.Stdout;
> import tango.text.RegEx;
>
> int main(char[][] args)
> {
>     	Stdout.formatln ("Hello world!");
> 	return 0;
> }

Works for me.

Are you running your command line as administrator if you're running in Vista?

Well, no, I just ran it without administrator and it worked.  Both dsss build and dmd.

It sounds like some kind of security problem on your end.  I'm running the exact snapshot I just released, and it works just fine for me.

Perhaps you could navigate to \dmd\dmd\import and run dsss build just to ensure it builds Exception.d?