Descent 0.5.2 released

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Fri May 2 08:26:03 PDT 2008

Ary Borenszweig Wrote:

> The Descent plugin for Eclipse provides an IDE for writing, launching
> and debugging code in D.
>
> Explanations on how to get it from within Eclipse are here:
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent
>
> This is mainly a bugfix/maintenance release. Much care has been taken to
> improve memory usage and speed as well.

Eclipse refused to acknowledge that an update was available.  A simple uninstall and reinstall of Eclipse  with Ubuntu packages left too much old config information around, so I did a more aggressive removal followed by a reinstallation.  Now Eclipse crashes on startup.

Does anyone know what I might have broke on my system?  My aggressive uninstall was telling ubuntu to remove all eclipse related packages completely (delete configs too) and then used find to locate missed eclipse related files and delete them too.  I then used the package system to install the eclipse package.