Descent 0.5.2 released

pragma eric.t.anderton at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:28:34 PDT 2008

Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> Graham St Jack wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 May 2008 15:06:10 -0300, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Good stuff!  What are your plans for D2 support?
>
> Maybe for the next release... It's just about porting DMD's code. If I
> do that in a rush, it gets boring, so I try to do that from time to
> time. Robert can agree with me. :-)

Out of curiosity: why not library-ize the DMD front-end and distribute
it along with a JNI wrapper?

It would take some work to get it properly wrapped and ported to your
target platforms (especially to OSX since there are few D'ers on that
platform), but the end result would keep you from having to trail
compiler releases and bug updates by a full porting cycle.  Also, at
least where Eclipse is concerned, OSGi has your back with making sure
that the right binary lib is used for JNI.

Just thinking out loud,
- Pragma