DMD Snapshot 0.5.0

torhu no at spam.invalid
Sun May 4 10:29:04 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> IMO, the only thing that is missing is Tangobos. ;)
>>
>> Hm, I remember reading that Tangobos can induce some problems.  This was way back during Tango 0.99.4 era IIRC, and stuff could have changed by now.  If someone can vouch for the stability of Tangobos today, I'd be more than happy to add it to the next release.
>
> I don't know what problems you're referring to, but I think it works
> pretty well these days.

Might have been the problems with multiply defined symbols.  It's
possible that there are less of those now that your bug 1833 has been
fixed.  Can't remember what other problems there were, nowadays I just
avoid tangobos for anything but small test apps.

Using parts of tangobos in a program that's mainly tango-based might be
ok, though.  Not that I see that point of that, since in most cases
you'd just be introducing dependencies that you could have avoided easily.