dcollections 0.01 release

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 15:02:20 PDT 2008

I've been tinkering with a collection package that is a hybrid between C++,
Java, and Tango, utilizing the best D features (such as slicing, foreach,
etc.).

The result is dcollections.  Here is a list of the features:

    * Hash, RBTree, Link, and Array implementations for appropriate
containers.
    * List, Set, Map, and Multiset containers provided.
    * Able to swap out underlying implementation of a container, or
customize implementation.
    * Minimized heap activity. All cursors are struct-based.
    * Should be compatible with both Tango and Phobos (tested with Tango).
    * Slicing where appropriate (currently only ArrayList, but will add to
other containers).
    * Removal while traversing.
    * Removal of elements does not invalidate cursors where possible.
    * Cursors can be kept for later use (such as O(1) removal if supported
by the container).
    * Interfaces for implementation-independent code.
    * Concatenation and appending for lists.
    * dup functions.
    * Set/Map intersection.
    * Handy filter, transform, and chain iterators.

There's a lot left to be done, especially on the documentation and testing
side, so don't expect everything to be properly documented or actually work
:)  But I think it's at a point where it can be useful.

Enjoy!

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections

-Steve