Monster 0.8 + Tutorial

Nicolay Korslund korslund at gmail.com
Sat May 10 01:33:53 PDT 2008

Anders F Björklund Wrote:

> Nicolay Korslund wrote:
>
> > Hmm, that's true. Looks like the .m extension is also used by Maple,
> > Mathematica and Objective-C, to name a few. I think I'll switch to
> > the much less occupied .mo.
>
> Gettext uses .mo for locale translations, but maybe that's still "less".

You are right, but I don't think that will be as much of a problem though.

I guess the biggest issue with shared file extensions is on Windows and other
GUI-based systems where users expect to open common file types by double
clicking on them, or in other cases where it's easy to confuse what kind of file
you're dealing with. Like if you have a year-old directory called all-math-scripts/
and you're a regular user of Matlab, Mathematica and Maple - I wouldn't want
to be that person :-)

- Nico