DMD 1.030 and 2.014 releases

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sat May 17 09:32:30 PDT 2008

Walter Bright wrote:
> These contain a new way of building that I've wanted to do for a long
> time. dmd can now build libraries directly, without writing out object
> files or invoking the librarian. This accelerates library builds by a
> whopping factor of 3! Besides, it doesn't litter your directories with
> pointless object files.

Oh, I'm not sure if it does this already, but it would be great if DMD
used the fully qualified module name instead of the file name for
library additions.  Or something along those lines anyway.  Having to
deal with filename collisions while building libraries is an annoying
anachronism.  I believe with Tango we tell the librarian to use the path
name instead of just the file name, but not all librarians support this.

Sean