DMD 1.030 and 2.014 releases

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:09:12 PDT 2008

Sean Kelly wrote:
> What worries me is that long
> asked-for bug fixes like this may be left out of DMD 1.0 as a way to
> "encourage" people to move to D 2.0.  If that happens, I'm out.

Indeed that's a fear I have as well. D 1.0 has never been fully stable
(look at the ".init" change that happened after 2.0 was out... that
broke a lot of code). So it seems rather arbitrary that a bug fix like
this (reported as bug, not an enhancement, before 2.0 was on the
horizon) would only make it to the 2.0 branch.