Snapshot 0.4.3 - Installer Testing

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Sat May 24 00:02:28 PDT 2008

I used a Nullsoft Scriptable Installer to create what I think is a
better solution to the old question of how to install D.  It contains
the exact same stuff as in the previous releases, but it's in a nice new
install system that also allows for easy uninstallation, and it doesn't
require you to edit your path by hand, either.

I've performed a lot of testing on it, which involved installing it at
school.  Don't worry, the school machines have "Deep Freeze" on them, so
their hard drive is wiped pristine when they reboot.  No lasting effects
at all.

So it compiles and runs just fine at school on machines that are not
exactly compile-worthy.  However, with such a complex application as a
compiler, and with such a rudimentary job as I did with the installer, I
think more testing is required.  If anyone has some spare time, the
means, and the motivation to help, if you could try and test the new
installer, I would really appreciate it!  It doesn't do anything
terribly advanced.  It just copies the installation files like normal
and then writes a few registry keys, and then it writes an uninstaller.

So if you're interested in getting your hands dirty, you can download
this latest stage in the evolution of this goody bag right here:

http://tinyurl.com/57nwot