Hybrid GUI beta release - an IM+RM GUI toolkit for games, multimedia, etc

Lukas Pinkowski Lukas.Pinkowski at web.de
Wed May 28 09:26:44 PDT 2008

Tom S wrote:

> The missing 'extern(C)' has been added to the generated bindings, xf86vm
> has been replaced by randr. The Demos.7z package has been updated as
> well. So far, it's been tested on Ralith's FreeBSD and my Debian Etch in
> a VM.

Hi,

it works under Ubuntu Gutsy (which my university is using), but it doesn't
work under openSUSE 10.3:

This is the output:

Registering widget: FramedTopLevelWindow
Registering widget: GLViewport
Creating widget: FramedTopLevelWindow
object.Exception: Unable to create double-buffered visual
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

My Graphics Card:

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 7600 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

The test-program 'runs' when I make the following change to GLX.d (though I
get only a black window):

int[] attrListDbl = [
                        GLX_RGBA,
                        GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER,
                        GLX_RED_SIZE, 1,
                        GLX_GREEN_SIZE, 1,
                        GLX_BLUE_SIZE, 1,
                        GLX_DEPTH_SIZE, _depthBits,
                        None];

I also tried RED_SIZE 5, GREEN_SIZE 6, BLUE_SIZE 5, which results in a black
window, too.
Although, the program seems to react to clicks, just nothing is rendered
(tried a different color for glClear).

Btw. the test.d in the Dog-package crashes with:

tango.core.Exception.AssertException at xf.dog.ext.ARB_shader_objects(369):
Assertion failure

And testThreads shows black windows only.

Cheers