Snapshot 0.6.0

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:48:32 PDT 2008

0ffh Wrote:
> Chris R. Miller wrote:
> > Lutger Wrote:
> >> - A 7zip or zip archive as an alternative for the installer. I was trying
> >> to test this under wine but the installer doesn't run ok.
> >
> > That is indeed interesting.  Out of curiosity, did any of the zipped
> > versions work in wine?  NSIS is fairly Windows-centric, so I'm not exactly
> > surprised that it failed in Wine.  I honestly didn't think that any of this
> > would work in wine at all, so I never tested for Wine compatibility.
>
> Trying to replicate Lutger's result, I could.
> Here it is missing the M$ Visual C v7.1 RTL DLL =)
> That should be easy to fix, but I wonder what might happen next?
> Lutger, what was your error?

Apparently it's an issue stemming from a badly written theme API.  The author apparently just left it totally unfinished.  I'll regenerate the installer - without the defective theme.  Then it should work.  A real pity too, since the theme really came closer to looking about as cool as D is.  It looked like some of the newer InstallShield installers.