Tango Conference 2008 - Tomasz Stachowiak and Piotr Modzelewski gamedev

Tom S h3r3tic at remove.mat.uni.torun.pl
Thu Nov 6 17:50:07 PST 2008

bearophile wrote:
> The serialization example, page 21 of the slides, is interesting. The API/syntax they use doesn't look too much readable, but such functionality is probably quite useful in certain kinds of D programs. So D may enjoy a little more handy ways to manage its reflective information. Avoiding most of such serialization hack.

I'd be more than happy to see some wider support from D in this regard,
but for now we're stuck with D1 and such hacks ;)

> The following code is cleaned/improved from the OMG:
> http://team0xf.com:8080/omg/file/aca17fefefc1/core/Algebra.d
> But does it work? Strings turns up being "summable", but if you actually add them you get an "Array operations not implemented" error:

Ah well, SFINAE fails here :P No sane person will be using these for
strings anyway ;) The traits are used mostly to be inline documentation
about what features the user defined type must provide.

--
Tomasz Stachowiak
http://h3.team0xf.com/