DMD 1.037 and 2.020 releases

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:51:49 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Derek Parnell <derek at psych.ward> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:22:47 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.037.zip
>>
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.021.zip
>
> It would appear that Bugzilla 313 () is not really fixed yet.
>
> // --- file: sub.d ---
> module sub;
> private int iPrivate = 12;
>
> public  int iPublic = 13;

Maybe the problem is just with package-less top-level modules?

Because the change definitely created lots of errors in my code about
things I was using that I didn't know were private.

For one, I was using std.conv.toString in a lot of places without
realizing that toString was not actually publicly aliased by std.conv.

I really think it should accessible via std.conv.  Why should I have
to import std.string to go from some type-->string, vs std.conv when I
want to go string-->type?

--bb