Brief report about the Tango Conference 2008 in Torun

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Oct 3 11:43:41 PDT 2008

dsimcha wrote:
> == Quote from Sean Kelly (sean at invisibleduck.org)'s article
>> Alexander Panek wrote:
>>> Well, there’s a project on dsource (druntime:
>>> http://dsource.org/projects/druntime) which is supposed to hold that
>>> common runtime.
>> I just thought I'd mention that if anyone wants to play with
>> this, the runtime is fully functional and there are versions
>> available for both D 1.0 and D 2.0 (in a branch and trunk,
>> respectively).  Assuming everything works out however, I
>> expect that only Phobos for D 2.0 will actually use the
>> common runtime, since D 1.0 is in maintenance mode now.
>
> So what's the status, then, of Tango for D2?  I assume that having Phobos and
> Tango be able to be used together in D2 is kind of the point of druntime.

The user code will have to be updated, and that /may/ be enough of a
change that a branch will be required.  If you're interested in using
Tango with D 2.0 for now I'd suggest using DSSS instead of trying to
build the user library, and just see how it goes.  My focus is on the
runtime, so I honestly can't say how far you'll get.

Sean