Fibers talk by Mikola Lysenko

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Fri Oct 3 21:57:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 19:39:29 -0400, Mikola Lysenko
<mikolalysenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks of it.

I really liked it (And thanks for putting the slides online). I've been
slowly reading up on CSP/Occam/Cilk/Futures/User Threads/etc and this
really clarified some things. Specifically, how Tango fibers are a lower
level primitive (aka a coroutine) than a Win32 Fiber (aka a user-land
thread). By the way, while 'fiber' is a very good name, I had thought that
Tango's fibers were just a portable version of Win32 fibers. And while I
had heard about coroutines before, this really helped me understand their
usage and advantages.