Revised RFC on range design for D2 (lazy)

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Mon Oct 6 05:59:49 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> Hold it right there! Are you saying that the existence of 'lazy'
>> somehow required, or helped justify the existence of the omittable
>> parenthesis functionality? How is that?
>> I think you are accusing innocents ('lazy') or wrongdoing. 'lazy' has
>> nothing to do with the omittable parenthesis functionality, I think
>> they are completely orthogonal. Prove me wrong otherwise.
>
> The connection is indirect. Lazy showed that omitting trailing parens
> after delegate names is not recommended. If trailing parens after
> delegate names were required, much of the ambiguity mentioned by Sergey
> would disappear.
>
> Andrei

So your point before was, that you are criticizing lazy because it
shows/recommends that trailing parenthesis are not ommited?
Then you realize that such is only considered a disadvantage to those
that think trailing parenthesis should be omitted in the first place...

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate