Delight

Thomas Leonard talex5+d at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 10:09:58 PDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 10:34:44 -0400, bearophile wrote:

> Few comments on Delight:
> - The string type is used quite commonly, so it may be named 'str'
> instead.

I might rename some other types too. e.g.

  int16, int32, int64
  uint16, uint32, uint64

The only reason to use short or long is because you care about the size,
so might as well make it explicit.

> - The syntax for "new" may be improved

How? It could be removed, I suppose, as in Python.

> - "in" syntax for arrays may be added.

Like this?

  if ':' in aString: ...

  if "seq" in aString: ...

Would be nice. Any chance of getting this in D?

> - I can offer code for set() compatible with Python
> (currently missing a couple of methods still, I'm finishing it still).

Likewise.

> - Time ago I have sent an email to Thomas Leonard regarding Delight,
> unanswered. But I haven't used that talex5+d at gmail dot com address,
> is talex5+d... usable?

Ah. I found some messages about it in my spam folder today. Let me know
if you still didn't get a reply...