[OT] Re: Tango heap is dangerous

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Oct 15 16:22:37 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> GG will not index news.digitalmars.com.

I'm glad they don't. We've had very little trouble with spam. Using
"uncool" software like newsgroups means we fly under the radar. The
people who want to be here have no trouble finding it, and the spammers
overlook it.

Google does index the Digital Mars newsgroup archives, which does
include 100% of the n.g. posts, but since it is a custom thing that I
wrote no automated spammer tools recognize it for what it is.

I don't care to add registration for the n.g. because it drives away
people. There are a lot of sites I would post to, but don't, because I
just tire of the registration process, wait for the email, respond to
the email, complete the registration, come up with a nick/password I
haven't used elsewhere, try to remember that nick/password, relogin
every time I wipe my cookies, etc. Bah.