[OT] Re: Tango heap is dangerous

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at robertmuench.de
Thu Oct 16 06:19:50 PDT 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:22:37 +0200, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> [...]
> There are a lot of sites I would post to, but don't, because I just tire
> of the registration process, wait for the email, respond to the email,
> complete the registration, come up with a nick/password I haven't used
> elsewhere, try to remember that nick/password, relogin every time I wipe
> my cookies, etc. Bah.

I totally agree!! Web-Forums are a step back in time (bad useage pattern
only "modern" cosmetics), they are one of those things absolutly not
necessary. Newsgroups are simple to use, fast, and I can handle them all
with one client.

Maybe it's a sign of quality if the community uses newsgroups or
web-forums ;-)

--
Robert M. Münch
Management & IT Freelancer