DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Tue Oct 21 09:40:28 PDT 2008

Don wrote:

> We also now have two modules called 'bitmanip', which is somewhat ironic
> since we brainstormed for ages trying to come up with a better name for
> it. Modules with duplicate names have caused linking problems in the
> past -- not sure if that applies here.

It applies if the modules from both Phobos and druntime end up in the
same library on *nix.  Windows doesn't appear to have the same issue.
But I'd love to hear suggestions for alternative names-- I'm not
terribly good at naming modules :-p.

Also, any I'd like to see how people feel about having three top-level
packages in druntime vs. one-- an alternative I'd considered was to put
everything under core.

Sean