DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 22 15:18:04 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter:
> I would have thought that having a 'd' as the name of a top-level
> package would make it impossible to use 'd' as a local identifier.  Is
> that not so?

I have had no problems so far. And my identifiers are usually a little longer, and I generally use qualified imports.

(In my opinion a well designed module system has to not import the name of the module/package when you import qualified names from it.)

> Anyway, if you have to rename it then you'll be getting what you
> deserve from having the meglomania to use the name of the language as
> your package name.

No meglomania, I think. I did chose "d" because it's short and I was unable to invent a better name... But I've I have said it's not a problem, changing the package name requires me just few minutes.

Bye,
bearophile