DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

torhu no at spam.invalid
Wed Oct 22 15:24:08 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 6:22 AM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
>> Sean Kelly:
>>> Alternatives to core are: lang, d, base...  But I like core the best so far.
>>
>> "d" is the name of the package my libs, so I hope you will use something different :-) (But this isn't really much important).
>
> I would have thought that having a 'd' as the name of a top-level
> package would make it impossible to use 'd' as a local identifier.  Is
> that not so?

Seems it'll work as long as you don't refer to something in the 'd'
package using its fully qualified name.  Then the package name will
conflict with any locals named 'd'.

But the package name will always conflict with globals, at least it does
when I try it with DMD 1.033.  Not that globals with single-letter names
is something I'd recommend using.