Adding Unicode operators to D

Spacen Jasset spacenjasset at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 11:42:35 PDT 2008

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Correx:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/78rmc/allowing_unicode_operators_in_d_similarly_to/
>

> Andrei
>
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Please vote up before the haters take it down, and discuss:
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/78rjk/allowing_unicode_operators_in_d_similarly_to/
>>

>> Andrei
I haven't really ever felt the need for such things. It would require
editor support and I think that it could hinder readability as one would
have to know that symbol 'x' is say, crossproduct. -- It isn't always,
it depends on the mathematical domain.

There are, I belive, far more pressing matters, and this feature would
make editor support a bit more difficult, and we are currently in the
days where there isn't enough editor and/or ide support for D. I would
personally prefer it not be added to the language in the near future,
this is of course only my perferance, which in honesty may be biased but
isn't entirely for self reasons.