DMD 1.036 and 2.020 releases

digited digited at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 23 23:33:12 PDT 2008

torhu Wrote:

> I tried building DWT with -lib when that feature was first added.  -lib
> seems to be broken somehow, because just compiling one file at a time
> results in a much smaller .lib file.

That's normal (really a feature, not a bug) - "-lib" creates more than one object file from a module to make executables smaller (by linking not the full module object file, but it's piece that the executable really needs), it also does not any IO with hdd, all compiling and linking in RAM, so creating static libs is extremely fast and doesn't produce object files as output.

I've just compared "-lib" results from 1.035 and 1.036, it now works differently.