Adding Unicode operators to D

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:01:41 PDT 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:41:26 +0100, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Same thing goes for downs' in-fix operators.  I think his syntax is
> /infix/ which means that his ops always have the same precedence as
> division.
> I'm guessing this Python Cookbook recipe is very similar to Downs'
> technique.  It discusses pros and cons and such.
> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/384122/
>
> --bb

An interesting read, though I have looked at downs' code before. It
occured to
me now that this could sorta have been fixed with a preprocessor, just
define
an operator to have the same precedence as an already existing operator,
define
an alias that gets replaced with /foo/, +foo+, or whatever operator you
chose.
I guess we're stuck waiting for macros in the meantime.

--
Simen