DDBI update

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Wed Oct 29 14:26:52 PDT 2008

Yesterday, larsivi committed an update to DDBI. It's the first work in a
month or so.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddbi/changeset/95

> Initial commit for the next phase of DDBI development (I am really sorry
that it has taken this long).
>  * First revision of the new base interfaces (in dbi/model)
>  * Implemented interfaces (95%) for mySQL - it is heavily tested, and since
this commit does a lot, there may
> be some glitches
> * Support for other databases will be added (sqlite is next in line), although
this commit clear out all of the
> old implementations. They can still be found in the tags/branches area
of the repository.
>  * I want feedback! In particular regarding how to fetch values not as
strings
>  * Is this an ideal minimal API that more complex functionality can be
built on top of?
>  * This code is only tested on 32 bit linux

As I don't known where else to put it, I'm posting some "feedback"* and questions**
here:

Does it support stored procedures?

I've been using DDBI on MySQL for a few projects and almost exclusively working
via stored procedures. The old version didn't support multiple queries so
it couldn't use them at all and I had to actually dig out the MySQL C API
docs and figure out how to hack in support.

*I don't have time to look at the code yet so it's not really feedback.

**it's not questions either as I only have one.