DDBI update

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Wed Oct 29 15:54:22 PDT 2008

BCS wrote:

> Yesterday, larsivi committed an update to DDBI. It's the first work in a
> month or so.

More than a month, but yeah :) Note that this is not a release, I expect
those to appear when sqlite is back in.

> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddbi/changeset/95
>

>> Initial commit for the next phase of DDBI development (I am really sorry
> that it has taken this long).
>>  * First revision of the new base interfaces (in dbi/model)
>>  * Implemented interfaces (95%) for mySQL - it is heavily tested, and
>>  since
> this commit does a lot, there may
>> be some glitches
>> * Support for other databases will be added (sqlite is next in line),
>> although
> this commit clear out all of the
>> old implementations. They can still be found in the tags/branches area
> of the repository.
>>  * I want feedback! In particular regarding how to fetch values not as
> strings
>>  * Is this an ideal minimal API that more complex functionality can be
> built on top of?
>>  * This code is only tested on 32 bit linux
>>

> As I don't known where else to put it, I'm posting some "feedback"* and
> questions** here:
>
> Does it support stored procedures?

It certainly isn't a case of _not_ supporting them, but I haven't actually
tried or given them any thought (unlike prepared statements which is
definately supported).

> I've been using DDBI on MySQL for a few projects and almost exclusively
> working via stored procedures. The old version didn't support multiple
> queries so it couldn't use them at all and I had to actually dig out the
> MySQL C API docs and figure out how to hack in support.

Would you mind sending me the relevant hacks so I understand your question
better? The email works.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net