DSSS 0.77 released.

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:11:30 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Gregor Richards <Richards at codu.org> wrote:
> DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
> installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.
>
> DSSS 0.77, the "Oh, I assumed Gregor got hit by a bus" release, has been a
> long time coming, mainly because my life has become substantially more busy
> recently.

Oh!  I assumed you got hit by a bus!  Glad to see a fresh release and
even the plea for help.

> The changelog:
>
>        - Rebuild: Merged DMD 2.019.
>        - Rebuild: dmd-win-tango now correctly uses -ltango-base-dmd instead
>          of -lphobos

What problems did this cause?  Was this the last thing forcing Tango
to pretend to be called "phobos"?

>        - Rebuild: Fixed a pipe left open in Windows.
>        - User -S and -I now come before system -S and -I options, so users
> can
>          override system defaults more easily.

Yea!

>        - Rebuild: Builds are run concurrently across all processors, or any
>          number of processes specified explicitly with the -j option (except
>          on Windows)

Can you clarify -- is it just the -j option that doesn't work on
Windows, or the whole multi-proc build feature?

--bb