DSSS 0.77 released.

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:42:36 PDT 2008

Gregor Richards wrote:
> DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
> installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.

More accurately, it's the build system that's lightyears ahead of
everything else in the world I have ever seen.

> DSSS 0.77, the "Oh, I assumed Gregor got hit by a bus" release, has been
> a long time coming, mainly because my life has become substantially more
> busy recently. The changelog:
>
>         - Rebuild: Merged DMD 2.019.
>         - Rebuild: dmd-win-tango now correctly uses -ltango-base-dmd
> instead
>           of -lphobos
>         - Rebuild: Fixed a pipe left open in Windows.
>         - User -S and -I now come before system -S and -I options, so
> users can
>           override system defaults more easily.
>         - Rebuild: Builds are run concurrently across all processors, or
> any
>           number of processes specified explicitly with the -j option
> (except
>           on Windows)

Eh?  Windows threading architecture and thread scheduler is more than a
little wonky, anyways...

> The major change is multi-proc builds. Enjoy it on your quad-cores, I
> know I am. I intended to get so much more done, but ... well, this is
> what I actually /managed/ to get done.

Is it still just as delicious on dual-cores?  ;^)

> I'm running severely low on time (I'm now a graduate student), so I'm
> looking for help. Anything from handling tickets to porting help to
> anything else you can think of, I'd really appreciate.
>
> As per usual, more information and downloads are available at
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/
>
>  - Gregor Richards
>
> PS: I'm still building binaries, they'll appear in a few moments.

Gregor for the save!  TY so much man, DSSS makes my life a zillion times
easier.  AFAIK we were still on 0.75 - so where did 0.76 go?  Or was it
the one you had in your hands when you were hit by the bus?