RFC on range design for D2

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Tue Sep 9 14:16:51 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> 5) The source code of the current algorithm module of D2 is already very complex to follow, it smells of over-generalization here and there. Sometimes it's better to reduce the generality of things, even if that reduces their power a little, to reduce complexity, etc. Tango code too isn't perfect, but it often looks more human. While you have created the algorithm module I too have created something similar, but based on different grounds.

Along these same lines, while D is still young, the documentation is
often thin, and code examples are scarce.

I've been doing a lot of programming lately with Tango, and despite the
growing documentation, I've had to refer directly to the Tango source
code on more occasions than I can count. Luckily, the Tango sources are
well-written and pretty easy to read and understand, and I've had very
few problems figuring out how to use the library.

I hope the range implementation makes readability a high priority.

--benji