RFC on range design for D2

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Sep 10 09:35:48 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> bearophile:
>> (Your code doesn't work (on D1) if T is a static array,
>
> Sorry, ignore what I have written, I'm a little nervous...

I think I've unnecessarily overstated my case, which has put both of us
in defensive.

You are very right that tests on D1 and D2 are not comparable. And
Walter has at one point made crucial changes in the allocator at my
behest. Specifically, he introduced in-place growth whenever possible
and added the expand() primitive to the gc. These are present in D2 but
I don't know whether and when he has regressed those to D1. (And btw why
wouldn't you try it :o).)

Andrei