DSSS 0.78 released.

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sat Sep 13 12:04:27 PDT 2008

DSSS, the D Shared Software System, is a tool to ease the building,
installation, configuration and acquisition of D software.

OK, release 0.77 had some ... issues. I fixed some things up and 0.78
should be a bit better. The changelog:
         - Rebuild: Removed some needless errors that could cause
problems with
           using D-2 keywords in D-1 code.
         - Rebuild: Fixed -exec. (see ticket #203)
         - Rebuild: Documented -gui. (see ticket #180)
         - Fixed installation of debug libraries. (see ticket #185)
         - Substantially reduced the default verbosity. -v now gives the
           previous verbosity, -vv puts rebuild in verbose mode as well.
         - Rebuild: Allow general link flags in pragma(link) (for Mac OS X
           frameworks, etc.
         - Rebuild: -S with forward slashes now works on Windows. (see
ticket
           #182)
         - defaulttargets with forward slashes now works on Windows.
         - Multiple '..' elements in section names will now be interpreted
           correctly. (see ticket #198)
         - Rebuild: Fixed library-linking problems.

The most user-visible difference is the reduced verbosity. I
consistently get complaints about outputting the rebuild line, both from
people with very long rebuild lines and from people who think that
constitutes a complete rebuild every time. So, it's out the window. Use
-v to see the commands run, use -vv to set rebuild to verbose mode too.

I'll repeat this: I'm running severely low on time (I'm now a graduate
student), so I'm looking for help. Anything from handling tickets to
porting help to anything else you can think of, I'd really appreciate.

As per usual, more information and downloads are available at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dsss/

  - Gregor Richards