Paper acknowledges positively D's approach to purity

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:08:58 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Robert Jacques <sandford at jhu.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 04:52:20 -0400, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Congrats to all involved in the design!  Is this the first mention of
>> D in such a peer-reviewed research publication?
>
> Yes and no. It's the first time the language has been commented on (that I
> know of),

Yeh, that's more what I meant.  Being commented on as a language by
people who study such things.

> but a year ago I had a conference poster (At AAPM) which mentioned
> D and this year I had a MICCAI workshop paper
> (http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/hpmiccai/program.html, see Towards Real-Time
> Radiation Therapy: GPU Accelerated Superposition/Convolution) in addition to
> some posters (at AAPM and ASTRO).

Hey!  You gotta announce these things!

> I wouldn't be surprised if there are
> others that have used D in their research and have cited it.

Oh yeh.  Good point -- like me for instance.  :-)
I guess I should follow my own advice.
My D-using research paper:
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1377980.1377993
I was kinda waiting to say anything until the paper describing the
main project was published.  The NPAR paper above one was just a
little offshoot of that.  I'll be presenting the main thing as a
poster at Pacific Graphics '08 next month, but posters don't count as
"Publications" in the world of computer graphics.

--bb