DSSS 0.78 released.

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Sat Sep 20 18:38:57 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:58 AM, Gregor Richards <Richards at codu.org> wrote:
>> Leonid Krashenko wrote:
>>> Gregor Richards wrote:
>>>
>>> I am getting strange errors using rebuild/dsss:
>>> http://codepad.org/MfhzjJFG
>>>
>>> If I use my own Makefile, everything compiles, links and runs
>>> successfully:
>>>
>>> cc = dmd
>>> flags = -unittest
>>> link_flags = -L-lX11
>>> source_dirs = y std/c/linux/X11 tl
>>>
>>> src_files = $(addsuffix /*.d, $(source_dirs))
>>> src_objs = $(patsubst %.d, %.o, $(wildcard $(src_files)))
>>>
>>> paint: paint.o $(src_objs)
>>>        $(cc) $^ $(link_flags)
>>>
>>> main: main.o $(src_objs)
>>>        $(cc) $^ $(link_flags)
>>>
>>> VPATH := $(source_dirs) .
>>>
>>> %.o: %.d
>>>        $(cc) -c $^ $(flags) -op
>>>
>>> clean:
>>>        rm -f $(addsuffix /*.o, . $(source_dirs))
>>>        rm -f paint
>>>        rm -f main
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>> Rebuild ignores D files in the package 'std', since those should be packages
>> provided by the standard library. You really oughtn't to name things 'std'
>> anyway, and putting 'X11' in std.c.linux doesn't make much sense regardless.
>
> Is that behavior new with DSSS 0.78?
> What does that mean for Tangobos, which is not the standard library
> but is completely in the std package?
>
> --bb

This is not new. If you're using Tango, you (should) use the rebuild
profile for Tango, which doesn't ignore the std package since that's not
part of Tango.

The only reason it has to actively ignore the std package is because
they're .d files instead of the .di files they ought to be.

  - Gregor Richards