Delight

Mosfet mosfet at anonymous.org
Thu Sep 25 07:24:25 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> D1 + Tango with a different Python-inspired syntax; close to my ideal language:
>
> http://delight.sourceforge.net/
>
> There are just few things I don't like, but they are generally minor, and maybe the author can change some of them still.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile
Interesting!
Is there any performance loss from compared to D language ?
I can predict the following destiny to Delight Language, the main
maintener of delight will create a good standard lib called Deimos but
another developer not satisfied by the methods name will fork and create
another one called Salsa.
Then Delight will evolve and there will be a Delight 1.0 and a Delight
2.0 with incompatible code.
So poor developers will be lost and will keep on waiting for another
language without all the issues.
Of course this scenario is pure fiction ;-)