Text editing [Was: Re: #line decoder]

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:50:11 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> BCS Wrote:
>> so I just wiped out a little tool to do it for me.
>
> I think that's a job fitter for a script, for example in Python (or Ruby or Perl).

> But trying to write such little text oriented programs in D is positive anyway, because it helps spot that there are some rough edges in D/Phobos still that deserve some improvements.

I actually do most of my scripting in D (except for the odd line of
sed/awk now and then). I just don't know any scripting languages well
enough to write my scripts in, say, Python, unless I want to take more
than one order of magnitude longer to write the code.

Even with sufficient familiarity, I'd only see small gains, so why bother?