DSSS 0.78 released.

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:26:57 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/15 yidabu <yidabu.spam at gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:05:06 +0900

>>> This may or may not be your issue, but if you had changed your
>>> oneatatime setting in the rebuild config then re-installing dsss would
>>> overwrite that.  So maybe you just need to re-edit your oneatatime
>>> back to "no"?
>>>
>>> --bb
>>
>> Thanks for you reply, I set oneatatime=yes for DSSS 0.75 and DSSS 0.78, 0.75 is more quickly to build Windows library.
>>
>> set oneatatime=no may be cause larger executable size.
>

> I have to say, this new DSSS does seem a lot slower at building to me
> too.  I'll do some more exact measurements later, but my DWT-using exe
> now seems to compile as much slower.  It feels about as slow slow as
> DSSS 0.75 did running a --full build, except now it's that slow when
> not doing --full.
>
> Did anything change in how DSSS compiles things between 0.75 and 0.78?

Here are some timings with my app:

Takes 2:48 to "dsss build" with 0.78
Takes 2:48 to "dsss build -full" with 0.78

Takes 0:35 to "dsss build" with 0.76pre
Takes 0:35 to "dsss build -full" with 0.76pre
Takes 0:36 to "dss build" after a "dsss clean" with 0.76pre

So two strange things are 1) that 0.78 is so much slower and 2) that
-full and not -full seem to have the same speed in both cases.

--bb