Revised RFC on range design for D2

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 06:20:30 PDT 2008

Chris R. Miller, el 28 de septiembre a las 19:50 me escribiste:
> >>It reduces codebase coherency
> >How? Why?
>
> In Java, if something was called like a function with the () and everything, you
> could be pretty dang sure it's a method.  In D, if it doesn't have a () when you
> see it, it could still be a method called as a property.  The only way to find
> out is to look it up, which can be tedious and boring.  If you don't look it up,
> you may never know, which reduces the coherency of the code.

In Java you have the exact same problem. Since it doesn't support
properties, and people don't want to chage thousands of LOC if they need
to change a simple member variable to a function, they use functions just
in case. So when you look at a function, for example, getSomething() you
still wonder: is this just a simple return something;? Or is *really*
a function?

The problem is the same, you just have to use uglier syntax =)