Revised RFC on range design for D2

KennyTM~ kennytm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 08:58:14 PDT 2008

Jason House wrote:

> Const and immutable functions can modify global state... So I don't think you'd want that.

Does "pure" in an object method takes the object itself as input also?
If so, then I mean the parenthesis can be omitted if the method is pure.
If not, then it has no solution in current D.

The problem is I see no official examples in pure object methods. So far
I can only find mentioning of pure global functions, or I've overlooked.

> PS: D's const functions don't guarantee they won't modify the object.

I still can't quite grasp the invariant-madness in D :p Practically I
have only used the "in" storage class in parameter list*, invariant
methods and .idup for some string-related manipulations.

P.S. *: "in" was "invariant scope". When did it changed to "const scope"??