Brief report about the Tango Conference 2008 in Torun

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 30 17:31:26 PDT 2008

Alexander Panek:
> He seems to like D and its flexibility.

I hope to read a report or an article about the usage of D in teaching, with comparisons against Java too :-)
Even if it says bad things regarding D, it can be very useful still.

Another useful thing may be a list of the bugs put by students in their D programs. This list can be used to remove some spots that are currently bug-prone of D.

> Well, there’s a project on dsource (druntime:
> http://dsource.org/projects/druntime)

The project says:
>A freestanding version of the Tango runtime usable by Phobos and Tango<

Now we just need 'A freestanding version of the Phobos runtime usable by Tango and Phobos' and we are even ;o)

> Does that answer your questions? :)

Thank you,
bearophile