dmd 1.042 and 2.027 releases

Max Samukha samukha at voliacable.com.removethis
Wed Apr 1 01:02:08 PDT 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 18:34:56 -0400, Christopher Wright
<dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote:

>Walter Bright wrote:
>> I've thought of that a couple times, and there was a reason it was a
>> problem, I just can't remember it at the moment!
>
>For one thing, no polymorphism. For that reason alone I would never use it.

It's not such a big problem because you could define a polymorphic
opDot yourself:

class C
{
    Variant opDot(string name, A)(A args)
    {
        return virtualDot(name, args);
    }

    Variant virtualDot(string name, ...) {}
}

class D : C
{
    override Variant virtualDot(string name, ...) {}
}

There must be reasons other than the lack of polymorphism.