dmd 1.043 alpha for FreeBSD 7.1

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Apr 7 10:51:35 PDT 2009

Tim Matthews wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Apr 2009 01:53:35 -0700
> Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> I suspect most FreeBSD users are using 64 bits.
>
> There is a lot using 32bit if they need hardware accelerated nvidia
> graphics but yes the majority is probably using 64 bit.
>
> I tried compiling tango yesterday (with 'make runtime' from the ldc
> directory) and it would fail even after I'd applied all the not yet
> commited patches. It may build other ways but have not yet tried.
>
> Is there any known issues or not yet tested features of either dmd or
> phobos 1 on freebsd?

No, there are no known issues. It passes the dmd test suite 100% as well
as all the library unit tests. If you can isolate any of these down to
dmd/phobos and post them to bugzilla, I would appreciate it as it will
not only improve the FreeBSD port but will improve the test suite to aid
in the rest of dmd development.