dmd 1.043 alpha for FreeBSD 7.1

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas.l.olsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 16:45:31 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Walter Bright
>> <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

>>> Because gcc on linux predefines "linux", not "Linux".
>>>

>> It seems somewhat arbitrary, but fair enough..
>
> It's just one less thing to remember when switching between C and D.

After reading more, I just can't help but feel this is wrong.

linux is still the only version identifier following this "logic".

Comparing http://predef.sourceforge.net/preos.html and D:

linux -> linux
_WIN32 -> Win32
_WIN64 -> Win64
__FreeBSD__ -> FreeBSD
__APPLE__ or __MACH__ -> OSX

Even if you strip underscores, OSX and Win32/64 still don't match
C/C++ identifiers. Why should linux be special?

I realise this is a minor thing probably not worth the time it gets,
but D seems to have a tendency to throw in inconsistencies in every
crack there is to find ...