dmd 1.043 alpha for FreeBSD 7.1

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:33:04 PDT 2009

Tomas Lindquist Olsen, el 16 de abril a las 10:46 me escribiste:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Jordan Miner
> <jminer2613 at nospam.students.pcci.edu> wrote:
> > Walter Bright Wrote:
> >
> >> Because gcc on linux predefines "linux", not "Linux".
> >
> > Please change the version identifier from linux to Linux.
> >

> I realise I probably did my part to spike this discussion.
>
> However, given the complaints Walter got from adding the Posix
> identifier, removing "linux" is obviously a really bad idea.
>
> But I must say I think "Linux" should be added, and "linux" be there
> for legacy reasons, like "darwin" I guess.

This seems like a reasonable tradeoff, issuing a deprecation warning when
the legacy version identifiers are used can be a good idea too, so people
can update the code eventually and the redundant identifiers can be
removed in the future.